Restaurant HR Manager job description
Use this Restaurant HR Manager job description template to attract and hire qualified HR professionals for your restaurant, fast food chain or catering company.
Restaurant HR Manager responsibilities include:
- Creating hiring plans for front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house staff
- Calculating payroll considering overtime, holidays and evening shifts
- Screening, interviewing and evaluating candidates
We are looking for an HR Manager to oversee all personnel-related matters of our restaurant, from recruiting and payroll to training staff and evaluating their performance.
Restaurant HR Manager responsibilities include managing payroll, hiring staff and maintaining employee records including contracts and work permits. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in a senior HR position, preferably in the hospitality industry, and be familiar with labor legislation, particularly regarding flexible working hours.
Ultimately, you will ensure our employees are engaged, well-trained and productive so that they provide excellent customer service.
- Create hiring plans for front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house staff
- Promote open roles using online and print job ads
- Screen, interview and evaluate candidates
- Prepare job offers and employment contracts
- Calculate payroll considering overtime, holidays and evening shifts
- Plan attractive compensation and benefits packages to increase retention
- Manage payroll and keep updated records of payments
- Oversee employee attendance and working schedules including breaks, overtime and paid time off
- Schedule onboarding sessions and job-related trainings for all employees
- Track key recruiting metrics like turnover rates and source of hire
- Ensure our restaurant staff complies with health and safety regulations in the hospitality industry
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an HR Manager, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Hands-on experience with recruiting for junior, senior, seasonal and part-time positions
- Good knowledge of regulations around flexible types of employment
- Familiarity with ATS, payroll software and resume databases
- Excellent people skills
- BSc in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or similar field
- Additional diploma in Restaurant Management is a plus
Hiring Restaurant HR Manager job description
Post this Restaurant HR Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.