This VP of HR job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is a VP of Human Resources?
A VP of Human Resources, also known as a Vice President of Human Resources, is a senior executive responsible for leading and overseeing an organization’s HR function. They play a strategic role in developing and implementing HR plans, policies, and initiatives that align with the company’s vision and mission.
What does a VP of Human Resources do?
A VP of Human Resources collaborates with the management team to shape the company’s vision and mission. They develop strategic HR plans and policies, including recruitment, training, and compensation. They hire, guide, and evaluate HR executives, ensure compliance with labor laws, and analyze HR operations using metrics and analytics. Their role involves promoting equal opportunity and diversity, managing labor and employee relations, and re-engineering processes for efficiency. They provide reports to the CEO and play a crucial role in driving the long-term success of HR and the organization as a whole.
VP of Human Resources responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with management team to craft the company’s vision and mission
- Developing strategic HR plans and policies
- Hiring, guiding and evaluating the work of HR executives
Hiring a VP of HR? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are seeking a highly competent and experienced Vice President of Human Resources (VP of HR) to assume responsibility for directing and overseeing our company’s HR plans.
As a key position reporting directly to the CEO, we are looking for candidates who possess strong leadership qualities, strategic thinking abilities, and effective people management skills.
This role requires individuals with a solid HR background who can demonstrate their problem-solving capabilities.
ur objective is to enhance the significance of strategic HR within our organization and ensure the long-term success of both our HR function and the company as a whole.
If you meet these criteria and are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to reach out to us.
- Collaborate with management team to craft the company’s vision and mission
- Develop strategic HR plans and policies (recruitment, training, compensation etc.)
- Hire, guide and evaluate the work of HR executives
- Decide and act on initiatives for equal opportunity, diversity etc.
- Assume responsibility of labor and employee relations
- Re-engineer processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure all procedures comply with legal regulations and best practices
- Analyze the effectiveness of HR operations and policies
- Prepare reports for the CEO using business metrics and KPIs
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as VP of HR or other senior HR role
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment etc.)
- Ability to use metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of local and international labor law
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Aptitude in communicating and public speaking
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities
- BSc/BA in business, HR, social sciences or related field; MSc/MA/MBA is preferable
- Certification (e.g. PHR/SPHR) is nice-to-have
Frequently asked questions
- What does a VP of Human Resources do?
- A VP of Human Resources oversees the HR function, develops strategic plans, collaborates with the management team, ensures compliance, and analyzes HR operations.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a VP of Human Resources?
- The duties of a VP of Human Resources include crafting the company's vision, developing HR plans and policies, hiring and evaluating HR executives, promoting equal opportunity, and re-engineering processes for efficiency.
- What makes a good VP of Human Resources?
- A good VP of Human Resources is a leader, strategic thinker, effective people manager, and problem-solver. They possess a solid HR background and contribute to the long-term success of both HR and the organization
- Who does a VP of Human Resources work with?
- A VP of Human Resources works with the management team, including the CEO, to shape the company's vision and mission. They collaborate with HR executives and liaise with employees at all levels.
- What skills should a VP of Human Resources have?
- A VP of Human Resources should have proven experience in senior HR roles, strategic planning, and HR functions. They need knowledge of labor laws, strong analytical skills, proficiency in HR systems, and excellent communication and leadership qualities.