Are you a candidate?
Crush your interview with our guide
Make sure that you are interviewing the best VP of talent acquisition candidates. Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to hire better, faster.
VP Talent Acquisition Interview Questions
Vice presidents of talent acquisition (VP Talent Acquisition) oversee the process of finding, recruiting and retaining talent. They are responsible for building successful strategies to improve your company’s talent pipeline and create a strong employer brand.
For this role, you should look for professionals with solid HR experience in senior level positions. You can use these questions to discover your candidates’ leadership and team management skills to identify the perfect fit for your position. Previous experience in your industry is also a nice-to-have for your candidates.
VP Talent acquisition holds a place in the management team, so you should look for candidates with a strong strategic vision who can grow your business with innovative ideas. During your interview process, include specific questions to identify candidates who understand your company culture and values and can motivate your recruitment team to achieve your business objectives.
Operational and Situational questions
- What employment laws should a VP Talent acquisition know? How has that knowledge helped you previously?
- How do you ensure team diversity?
- What’s your main focus when building a talent pipeline?
- What does a positive candidate experience mean to you?
- What sourcing technique is the most effective to attract passive candidates?
- Describe step by step the hiring process for the position of [example – job title].
- How do you assess current employees’ performance to identify possible fits for open positions?
- What are the key factors to consider when building a succession plan?
- What suggestions would you make to improve our employer brand?
- What changes in your leadership approach for an international workforce?
- Are you familiar with ATS systems? Mention any Candidate Management Systems you have experience working with.
- What’s your experience with social media recruiting?
- What employee engagement programs would you implement to retain millennials?
- How can HR functions influence company culture?
- Describe a situation where there was a disagreement between hiring managers for a candidate. How did you handle it?
- In your previous experience, how did you identify disengaged employees and what did you do?
- Describe a time when your talent management contributed to the company’s success.
- Can you mention any improvements you have successfully implemented in the onboarding process?