Use this VP of Talent Acquisition job description template when hiring senior HR professionals. Modify this template to meet your specific needs.
VP Talent Acquisition responsibilities include:
- Designing and executing recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire qualified candidates.
- Proactively identifying and addressing hiring needs.
- Evaluating and refining sourcing and selection procedures.
We are looking for a VP of Talent Acquisition to design and apply strategies that will help us attract and hire qualified employees.
VP Talent Acquisition responsibilities include managing a team of recruiters and crafting sourcing strategies for various roles, from entry-level to executive-level positions. You should be able to ensure we provide an excellent candidate experience, while meeting our business goals and filling our vacancies.
Ultimately, you will build a strong employer brand for our company so that we can develop strong talent pipelines for current and future hiring needs.
- Design and execute recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire qualified candidates
- Proactively identify and address hiring needs
- Evaluate and refine sourcing and selection procedures
- Manage a team of recruiters and provide assistance as needed
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies attract diverse candidates
- Oversee and improve overall candidate experience
- Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs
- Organize recruitment events to establish a strong employer brand
- Participate in our company’s strategic planning regarding employee development and engagement
- Research and recommend new sourcing tools and recruiting software (e.g. ATS)
- Ensure proper onboarding and training for new hires
- Proven work experience as a VP of Talent Acquisition or similar senior-level HR position
- Hands-on experience with candidate sourcing, interviewing and evaluation
- Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems and Human Resources software
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-management abilities
- BSc/MSc in Human resources or relevant field
- Additional certification (e.g. CIPD or SPHR) is a plus