Use this VP of Talent Management job description template to attract employees with extensive HR experience. Modify this template to meet your specific job requirements.
VP of Talent Management responsibilities include:
- Designing and delivering employee training programs (e.g. individual, team, skill-based and management training)
- Developing mentoring and coaching sessions
- Building succession plans
We are looking for a VP of Talent Management to shape and implement strategies that will help us develop and retain high-performing employees.
VP Talent Management responsibilities include designing employee training programs, building succession plans and crafting an internal promotion process. To be successful in this role, you should have a solid understanding of full-cycle recruiting along with a strategic mindset in order to develop a skilled workforce.
Ultimately, you will build a talent pipeline that aligns with our hiring needs and business objectives.
- Design and deliver employee training programs (e.g. individual, team, skill-based and management training)
- Develop mentoring and coaching sessions for employees
- Build succession plans
- Design employee promotion policies
- Discuss career-pathing options with high-potential employees
- Boost employee morale by implementing performance-based bonuses
- Conduct skills gap analyses to determine personnel needs
- Create organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities
- Organize quarterly and annual performance review sessions
- Manage department’s budget
- Calculate employee engagement metrics, like retention and turnover rates
- Perform benchmark analyses of compensation and benefits
- Provide team members with direction for leadership and development initiatives
- Oversee sourcing and hiring procedures to ensure we attract and select high-potential employees
- Proven work experience as VP of Talent Management or similar role
- Hands-on experience implementing learning and development programs
- Knowledge of compensation and benefits packages
- Experience with performance management procedures
- Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems and Human Resources software
- Thorough knowledge of labor legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/MSc in Human resources or relevant field
- Additional certification (e.g. CIPD or SPHR) is a plus