HR Director job description
An HR Director (Human Resources Director) is an experienced professional responsible for developing HR strategies, overseeing operations, and ensuring compliance. They support the human factor, lead HR initiatives, and provide guidance. Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills are essential for success in this role.
This Human Resources Director job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is an HR Director?
An HR Director is an experienced professional responsible for overseeing all human resources operations within an organization. They develop HR strategies, provide guidance to senior management, and ensure HR needs align with business objectives.
What does an HR Director do?
An HR Director develops corporate HR plans, supports the human factor in the company, oversees HR initiatives, and ensures compliance with employment laws and regulations. They supervise HR personnel, handle employment relations, and analyze data to report on HR metrics for informed decision-making.
Human Resources Director responsibilities include:
- Developing corporate plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health and safety etc.
- Acting to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
- Overseeing all HR initiatives, systems and tactics
Hiring an HR director? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Director to ensure that all human resources (HR) operations are carried on smoothly and effectively. You will be responsible for developing HR strategies and providing sound advice to senior management on all related subjects.
An HR Director must be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of all matters concerning HR departments. You should be able to manage programs and lead staff while also possessing a strong strategic mindset.
The goal is to ensure that all HR needs of the company are being met and are aligned with all business objectives.
- Develop corporate plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health and safety etc.
- Act to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems and tactics
- Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations and communicate with labor unions
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as HR Director
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- BSc/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in human resources will be a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does an HR Director do?
An HR Director develops HR strategies, oversees operations, and provides guidance. They ensure HR needs are met and aligned with business objectives.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an HR Director?
The duties of an HR Director include developing corporate HR plans, supporting the human factor, overseeing HR initiatives, and ensuring compliance.
What makes a good HR Director?
A good HR Director has proven experience, deep HR knowledge, strategic mindset, strong leadership, and excellent communication skills.
Who does an HR Director work with?
An HR Director works with senior management, HR personnel, labor unions, and serves as the point of contact for employment relations.
Hiring HR Director job description
Post this HR Director job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.