This is an HR Specialist job description template to help you attract qualified candidates for senior-level positions within your HR department.
HR Specialist responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing compensation and benefits packages
- Administering health and life insurance programs
- Implementing training and development plans
We are looking for an HR Specialist to join our team and monitor all Human Resources functions.
HR Specialist responsibilities include preparing compensation and benefits packages, setting up company policies and maintaining updated employee records. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of full cycle recruiting and solid knowledge of labor legislation.
Ultimately, you will foster a healthy workplace by ensuring our HR procedures run smoothly at all times.
- Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages
- Administer health and life insurance programs
- Implement training and development plans
- Plan quarterly and annual performance review sessions
- Inform employees about additional benefits they’re eligible for (e.g extra vacation days)
- Update employee records with new hire information and/or changes in employment status
- Maintain organizational charts and detailed job descriptions along with salary records
- Forecast hiring needs and ensure recruitment process runs smoothly
- Develop and implement HR policies throughout the organization
- Monitor budgets by department
- Process employees’ queries and respond in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labor legislation
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), like BambooHR and PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Solid understanding of labor legislation and payroll process
- Familiarity with full cycle recruiting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Team management skills
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does an HR Specialist do?
- HR Specialists prepare compensation packages while knowing company policies inside-out and assuage any worries or fears about labor legislation. In addition, Human Resources Specialists will invest in both employees' success stories and, most importantly, employee safety.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an HR Specialist?
- A Human Resource Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operations, including recruiting new employees or processing termination paperwork, preparing compensation packages with company policies set out by law, and fostering healthy workplace practices throughout every department. In addition, Human Resources Specialists provide training/development plans tailored to each employee, plan quarterly performance reviews with managers, and report any progress.
- What makes a good HR Specialist?
- A good HR Specialist will have a great understanding of full-cycle recruiting, solid knowledge of labor legislation, good written communication abilities, and experience with hands-on work in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Who does an HR Specialist work with?
- HR Specialists work closely with Managers to go over performance reviews, new employees to train and intake and current employees to ensure safety and benefits. They also work closely with the HR Managers and stakeholders.