This HR Generalist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
HR Generalist Responsibilities
- Administering compensation and benefit plans
- Assisting in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conducting employee onboarding and help plan training & development
Hiring an HR generalist? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources (HR) Generalist to implement a variety of human resource programs. The HR department will depend on your assistance in a number of important functions such as staffing, compensation and benefits, training and development.
If you are looking to kickstart your career in HR, this is the place to be. Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a passion for HR.
The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conduct employee onboarding and help plan training & development
- Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves, compensation etc. and resolve issues and problems
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks in performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Proven experience as HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field
- Additional HR training will be a plus