HR Generalist responsibilities include:
- Administering compensation and benefit plans
- Assisting in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conducting employee onboarding and help plan training & development
Hiring an HR generalist? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a (Human Resources) HR Generalist to join our team and implement various human resources programs.
What is an HR Generalist?
HR Generalists have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation. If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with labor law and look to kickstart your career in the field, this is the place to be.
What does an HR Generalist do?
Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves and crafting HR policies. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field
- Additional HR training will be a plus