This Human Resources (HR) Officer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Human Resources Officer responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Providing counseling on policies and procedures
- Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
Hiring an HR officer? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a skilled HR Officer who will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work.
If you are passionate about HR and highly efficient, give us a chance to meet you. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills.
The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
Frequently asked questions
What does a Human Resources Officer do?
A Human Resource Officer is a bridge that connects workforce needs with employer requirements. They act as mediators between employees and their organizations.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Human Resources Officer?
A Human Resource Officer is responsible for many duties across an organization, from recruiting and training staff to ensure employees receive fair pay and benefits throughout the year.
What makes a good Human Resources Officer?
Human Resource Officers need to have excellent interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of employees and address complex subject matter professionally.
Who does a Human Resources Officer work with?
A Human Resource Officer typically works with a group of other HR professionals to ensure employees receive payments and handle HR-related issues as they arise. A Human Resources Director who oversees all aspects of the HR department usually supervises them.