Post this Shift Manager job description template to job boards and careers pages to attract qualified candidates for your restaurant.
Shift Manager responsibilities include:
- Delegating tasks to restaurant staff and supervising their performance
- Maintaining a fully-stocked inventory and ordering food supplies, as needed
- Managing dining reservations
We are looking for a Shift Manager to oversee all restaurant operations, including welcoming and serving customers.
Shift Manager responsibilities include delegating tasks to restaurant staff, addressing diners’ queries and ensuring compliance with safety regulations. If you have excellent organizational and team management skills and experience in the food industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help us create a memorable dining experience for our guests and increase our profitability.
- Delegate tasks to restaurant staff and supervise their performance
- Maintain a fully-stocked inventory and order food supplies, as needed
- Manage dining reservations
- Arrange to have shifts covered (e.g. when employees take time off)
- Help staff resolve on-the-job challenges
- Track daily costs and revenues
- Balance the cash register at the end of the shift
- Coordinate with suppliers as they deliver food product orders
- Ensure client satisfaction and gracefully handle any complaints
- Open or close the restaurant (when responsible for the first or last shift)
- Inform the next Shift Manager about pending tasks
- Report maintenance and training needs
- Proven experience as a Shift Manager or relevant role in a restaurant
- Good knowledge of restaurant operations (like managing reservations and payments)
- Availability to work different shifts, including weekends
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping procedures
- A customer service approach with the ability to manage complaints with professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team management abilities
- BSc in Restaurant Management, Business Administration or similar field
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus