Use this Payroll Coordinator job description to find qualified professionals who can take over and coordinate your payroll operations.
Payroll Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Processing financial compensations or deductions
- Overseeing payroll payments
- Coordinating with HR about changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires)
We are looking for a Payroll Coordinator to process payroll transactions in our company.
Payroll coordinator responsibilities include processing timesheets, updating payroll records and answering employee questions about payments. Ultimately, you’ll ensure employees are compensated correctly and on time.
If you have great attention to detail and outstanding analytical and numerical skills, we’d like to meet you.
- Process attendance records and other documents (e.g. W-2 and tax forms)
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Coordinate with HR about changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires)
- Oversee electronic payments and distribution of payroll checks
- Update data with salary or wage adjustments
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (e.g. annual bonuses, severance pay, taxes, worker’s compensation)
- Handle benefit expenses, like insurance fees or paid leave
- Produce reports to upper management upon request
- Answer employee questions or complaints about salaries and payments
- Work with authorities (e.g. IRS) on audits or requests
- Proven experience as a payroll coordinator or similar role
- Familiarity with payroll processes
- Good knowledge of legislation relevant to accounting and payroll (such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act or FLSA)
- Working knowledge of payroll systems (e.g. Oracle, Kronos)
- Comfortable with Excel (functions, data etc.)
- An analytical mind with good math skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Diploma/BSc/ BA in accounting, finance or relevant field