This Marketing Director job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Marketing Director responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities
- Supervising the department and providing guidance and feedback to other marketing professionals
- Producing ideas for promotional events or activities and organizing them efficiently
We are looking for a competent Marketing Director to be in charge of the organization’s marketing ventures. This primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence and help it find a “voice” that will make a difference.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for the job, able to employ unique marketing techniques. He/She will be a skilled marketing strategist and able to drive creativity and enthusiasm in others.
The goal is to increase the company’s market share and maximize revenues in order to thrive against competitors.
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities
- Supervise the department and provide guidance and feedback to other marketing professionals
- Produce ideas for promotional events or activities and organize them efficiently
- Plan and execute campaigns for corporate promotion, launching of new product lines etc.
- Monitor progress and submit performance reports
- Responsible for producing valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and organizing the company’s publications
- Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
- Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects
- Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as Marketing Director
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
- Customer-oriented approach with aptitude
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is a plus
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing and communications or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Marketing Director do?
Marketing Directors make sure that the company's products or services thrive. They advise other departments on what’s needed to support marketing efforts. They have ultimate control over what gets published when it comes time for advertising campaigns.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Marketing Director?
Marketing Directors develop an overall plan to promote company products and approve campaigns for promotion. They then advertise them accordingly with great precision to increase sales and build brand awareness.
What makes a Good Marketing Director?
The Marketing Director should have a knack for finding growth where others can't reach it themselves. Their work requires cross-departmental outreach, too, meaning contacting other departments or reaching out externally if need be.
Who does a Marketing Director work with?
A Marketing Director reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. They also work with other teams such as graphic design, web development, sales and even accounting.