This Chief Marketing Officer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include CMO, Marketing Executive.
- “Listening” to the trends of the market and directing the market research efforts of the company
- Liaising with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution etc. that meets market demands
- Defining marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives
We are looking for an experienced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to oversee all marketing operations of the company and develop its marketing strategy and vision. You will be in charge of a team of enthusiastic marketing professionals and will direct our marketing efforts towards great success.
An excellent CMO is passionate for their profession and have great knowledge for all things marketing. They can balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen and lead people through complex marketing operations.
The goal is to ensure the company’s marketing efforts are successful in helping it outperform competition.
- “Listen” to the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the company
- Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution etc. that meets market demands
- Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives
- Develop a feasible marketing plan for the department and oversee its day-to-day implementation
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
- Build a highly efficient team of marketing professionals
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
- Proven experience as chief marketing officer or similar role
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Understanding of different business disciplines (IT, finance etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office and business software (e.g. CRM)
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus