Use this Marketing Manager job description template to advertise your open role and attract qualified marketers. Adjust job duties and requirements based on the needs of your Marketing department.
What does a Marketing Manager do?
Marketing Manager Responsibilities Include
- Developing strategies and tactics to boost the company’s reputation and drive qualified traffic
- Deploying successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution
- Experimenting with various organic and paid acquisition channels
If you live and breathe marketing, we need to talk. We’re looking for a flexible and versatile marketer who will be responsible for the growth of our inbound sales channels.
Marketing manager responsibilities include tracking and analyzing the performance of advertising campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity. To be successful in this role, you should have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects.
Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- BSc/MSc degree in Marketing or related field
Similar job titles include:
- Digital Marketing Manager job description
- Product Marketing Manager job description
- Marketing Strategist job description
- Marketing Director job description
Looking to assess candidates?
- Check our Marketing Manager interview questions