Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions
Product Marketing Managers develop marketing campaigns that promote and drive demand for company products. They’re responsible for advertising projects that increase brand awareness, including email campaigns, product positioning and pricing adjustments.
During your interviews, look for experienced professionals who set and meet short and long-term goals to boost sales. Use behavioral questions to discover how they both manage marketing projects and overcome challenges.
Your ideal candidates will grasp how to communicate the value of the product to the sales team. They are also team players who collaborate with the product development team to ensure new features meet customer needs. This role usually includes supervising team members, so it’s best to include leadership questions in your interviews.
Operational and Situational questions
- We are releasing X feature in our product. What channels would you choose to advertise it? Why?
- Mention one good product that is poorly marketed. How would you market it differently?
- How would you inform our customers that we’re launching a new feature which will increase our product’s price?
- You have prepared various advertising activities to promote a new product when the development team informs you that the launch will be delayed by two weeks. What would you do?
- Describe the steps from turning a marketing lead into a sales opportunity. What information do you give to the sales team?
- What defines successful product onboarding?
- Are you familiar with our products? What do you think should be our top priority in order to boost sales: lead paid campaigns, improve user experience or design new features?
- How do you measure the success of a product launch event?
- What CRM software do you use and what metrics do you track?
- How do you ensure that the sales team presents the product in the best way to engage customers?
- Describe a product that you’ve launched in a previous position. Who were your customers and what marketing techniques did you use?
- How have your marketing efforts improved conversion rates at past jobs?
- Have you ever participated in a product marketing campaign that failed? What went wrong and what did you learn from the experience?
- What resources (e.g. blogs, conferences and magazines) do you use to stay up-to-date on industry trends?
- How do you ensure your team meets deadlines?