This Product Marketing Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Product Marketing Manager Responsibilities include:
- Studying the company’s products and their benefits for users
- Developing effective marketing strategies and plans
- Working with design, acquisition and other teams to promote products
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to lead our outbound marketing activities. You’ll be responsible for presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales.
For this role, you be a creative and quantitative thinker. You should be familiar with various product marketing techniques, like email campaigns and pricing strategies.
Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote our products.
- Study company products
- Translate technical details into benefits for the user
- Follow and analyze market trends to position products
- Develop product marketing strategies (pricing, advertising, product launching)
- Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
- Work with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, sales) to implement strategies
- Test marketing product features, releases and ad copy
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Manager or similar role
- Background in design and copywriting is a plus
- Experience in market analysis
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or similar field