Digital Marketing Manager job description
A Digital Marketing Manger is a professional who is responsible for maintaining a brand’s online presence and sales by working on various marketing campaigns. Their duties include researching, strategizing with other professionals and creating content for successful campaigns.
This Digital Marketing Manager job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Digital Marketing Manager responsibilities include:
- Planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising
- Maintaining our social media presence across all digital channels
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
Hiring a digital marketing manager? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
If you live and breathe digital marketing, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
What does a Digital Marketing Manager do?
You should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Digital marketing managers will work with the marketing team, supporting teams (such as programmers), and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
Requirements and skills
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Frequently asked questions
What does a Digital Marketing Manager do?
Digital Marketing Managers use various channels to reach customers, build their brands awareness and promote products. They wear many hats, making them creative strategists with deep knowledge of digital media planning strategies.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Digital Marketing Manager?
A Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that promote a company or brand's products. They manage various channels like social media networks, Google Ads, website content and email marketing to deliver a persuasive and cohesive marketing message to their audience.
What makes a good Digital Marketing Manager?
A successful Digital Marketing Manager needs to create and upload copy to websites and other platforms, optimize images for their website and understand how marketing impacts its goals. They also have the responsibility of providing accurate reports on the Return On Investment of their marketing campaigns to demonstrate the effectiveness of specific campaigns.
Who does a Digital Marketing Manager work with?
Digital Marketing Manager typically work on a small team with other marketing professionals. Different marketers oversee different channels like SEO, PPC and email marketing. These teams of Digital Marketing Managers are supervised by a Marketing Manager who prioritizes tasks and directs the overall marketing efforts of the team.
Hiring Digital Marketing Manager job description
Post this Digital Marketing Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.