Debt Collector job description
This Debt Collector job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Debt Collector responsibilities include:
- Keeping track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Planning course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locating and contacting debtors to inquire of their payment status
We are looking for a reliable Debt collector to contact debtors and claim outstanding debts towards their creditors. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
This position can be stressful and difficult. A debt collector will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as debt collector
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- High school diploma is preferred
Hiring Debt Collector job description
Post this Debt Collector job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.