This Accounts Receivable Clerk job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages. It is easy to customize this accounts receivable job description for your company. Similar job titles include Accounts Receivable Specialist, Associate and Clerk.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Responsibilities
- Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Preparing bills receivable, invoices and bank deposits
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Receivable Clerk to provide financial, administrative and clerical services.
Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Proven working experience as accounts receivable clerk, accounts receivable manager or accountant
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (JDE or other full-scale ER software)
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration