Administration Manager responsibilities include:
- Planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems and devising ways to streamline processes
- Recruiting and training personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space
- Assessing staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency
We are looking for an experienced Administration Manager to supervise daily support operations of our company and plan the most efficient administrative procedures. You will lead a team of professionals to complete a range of administrative duties in different departments.
A great administration manager has excellent communication and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in departmental procedures and policies and will be able to actively discover new ways to do the job more efficiently.
The goal is to ensure all support activities are carried on efficiently and effectively to allow the other operations to function properly.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (e.g electricians)
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.)
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as administration manager
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relative field
Frequently asked questions
What does an Administrative Manager do?
Administrative Managers help organize schedules and manage payroll and personnel databases. They create reports to offer to other clerical roles. They also set policies and procedures to ensure that staff members are well trained and confident in their abilities.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Administrative Manager?
An Administrative Manager’s duties include providing standard clerical duties as assigned, including faxing and copying, organizing meeting schedules for various departments, and filtering communications to the proper individuals or offices. They are also responsible for writing reports, memos, and other business documents in a clear, concise manner and helping with the handling of human resources activities.
What makes a good Administrative Manager?
A good Administrative Manager can think on their feet, prioritize tasks by deadline and organize a worklist. They need excellent organizational skills with an ability to keep track of multiple streams for different stakeholders while also having impeccable memory retention capabilities.
Who does an Administrative Manager work with?
An Administrative Manager will work alongside various administrators, such as an Administrative Assistant. They assist with miscellaneous tasks and administrative requests.