This Office Assistant job description template covers the key qualifications, duties and responsibilities of an office assistant and it’s easy to customize for your company when hiring for admin positions. Similar job titles include Office Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant.
Office Assistant Responsibilities include:
- Organizing the office and assisting associates to optimize processes
- Sorting and distributing communications in a timely manner
- Creating and updating records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
Hiring an office assistant? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the company.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
- Proven experience as an office assistant, virtual assistant or in another relevant administrative role
- Knowledge of “back-office” computer systems (ERP software)
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office