This Office Assistant job description sample covers the key qualifications, duties and responsibilities of an office assistant and it’s easy to customize for your company when hiring for admin positions.
Office Assistant Duties Responsibilities include:
- Organizing the office and assisting associates to optimize processes
- Sorting and distributing communications in a timely manner
- Using “back-office” computer systems (ERP software)
Hiring an office assistant? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the company.
What does an office assistant do?
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
- Proven experience as a back-office assistant, office assistant, virtual assistant or in another relevant administrative role
- Knowledge of “back-office” computer systems (ERP software)
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Assess your candidates with our Office Assistant interview questions.
See related job descriptions:
- Administration Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Executive Secretary
- Front Office Manager
- Office Administrator
- Office Clerk
- Office Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Personal Assistant
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Senior Executive Assistant
- Staff Assistant