Use these sample Administrative Officer interview questions to evaluate candidates’ skills and select the best fit for your company’s needs.
Administrative Officer Interview Questions
Administrative Officers make sure their offices run smoothly. Some of their main tasks include managing supplies stock, organizing company filing systems and preparing reports (e.g. office expenses and budgets.)
Successful candidates are experienced in office procedures and equipment and may have worked as Office Managers or Administrative Assistants. Keep an eye out for professionals who like to take initiative and seek ways to improve daily operations. It’s best to hire reliable people who can be the point-of-contact for all employees.
For this role, look for highly-organized people who can multitask. Facilitate your screening process by asking questions that reveal how candidates manage stressful situations and meet deadlines. If necessary, include a test to evaluate candidates’ skills in MS Word and MS Excel, or other programs you use.
Operational and Situational questions
- How would you measure your individual (quarterly/annual) performance? What goals would you set for yourself? Why?
- A manager had asked you to book a room for a meeting with a client, but you forgot to do so. Five minutes before the appointment, you realize there is no room available. What would you do?
- What office policies would you suggest implementing? Why?
- What would you do to ensure the confidentiality of important company files?
- What spreadsheets would you create to keep track of supplies stock?
- Walk me through your morning routine at work. What’s the first thing you do?
- Have you ever use a calendar application to organize your schedule? If so, which one and how does it help you?
- How do you ensure expense reports are accurate?
- What software programs do you use every day?
- How do you keep digital and physical records organized?
- Have you ever suggested a new way or tool to save time at work? What was it and how did you come up with this solution?
- What motivates you to stay productive during repetitive work?
- How would you prioritize multiple requests from employees at the same time?
- Have you ever been on a team with a difficult coworker? If so, how did you handle your collaboration?
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial