Administrative Assistant responsibilities include:
- Handling administrative requests and queries from senior managers
- Organizing and scheduling appointments with admin software
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
What does an Administrative Assistant do?
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you also have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive Administrative Assistant and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant or Office Admin Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Administrative Assistant do?
- Administrative Assistants are responsible for many clerical tasks to ensure the staff can communicate and work efficiently. Their job involves answering phone calls, greeting visitors, distributing mail, and preparing communications.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant?
- Administrative Assistants assist with the day-to-day operations of an office by doing tasks such as filing paperwork, answering phone calls, preparing documents for meetings, and managing the calendar of their supervisors.
- What makes a good Administrative Assistant
- Successful Administrative Assistants are effective communicators who speak clearly and are personable and welcoming when answering incoming calls. They use proper grammar and put people at ease when they're on the phone or speaking one-on-one with other staff members or customers.
- Who does Administrative Assistant work with?
- Administrative Assistants typically report to a Managing Director unless assigned directly to a CEO or other executive. Most Administrative Assistants support the entire office in smaller companies and work with various department managers and staff.