Administrative Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Managing and routing phone calls appropriately
- Processing and reporting on office expenses
- Maintaining physical and digital employee records
We are looking for an Administrative Coordinator to join our company and act as a point of contact for our employees and vendors.
Administrative Coordinator responsibilities include supporting regular office operations, screening phone calls and scheduling internal meetings. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent organization skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Ultimately, you will provide administrative support to our staff and ensure all daily procedures run smoothly.
- Manage and route phone calls appropriately
- Process and report on office expenses
- Maintain physical and digital employee records
- Schedule in-house and external meetings
- Distribute incoming mail
- Manage and order office supplies
- Make travel arrangements
- Organize company documents into updated filing systems
- Address employees’ and clients’ queries (via email, phone or in-person)
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets and reports
- Update office policies as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Coordinator, Administrator or similar role
- Hands-on experience with MS Office Suite (particularly MS Word and MS Excel)
- Familiarity with office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Basic math skills
- Solid time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma; additional qualification in Office Administration is a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Administrative Coordinator do?
- An Administrative Coordinator helps keep an organization running smoothly by handling all administrative tasks. They coordinate general operations, serve as a point of contact for employees and customers alike, and ensure everything is on schedule to meet or exceed deadlines.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Administrative Coordinator?
- An Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supervising members of staff, establishing operating policies and procedures, and developing annual budgets for their department.
- What makes a good Administrative Coordinator?
- A good Administrative Coordinator must have excellent written communication skills to handle correspondence, speak to clients, and deal with the public. They must also have strong organization skills, as they maintain schedules to help staff meet deadlines and file confidential paperwork.
- Who does an Administrative Coordinator work with?
- An Administrative Coordinator works with several employees and customers, but they may also work with Senior Administrative Assistants in order to support an organization’s executives.