Office Administrator job description
An Office Administrator is a professional who oversees operations across their organization’s office. They are responsible for welcoming visitors, coordinating meetings, appointments and directing various administrative projects.
This Office Administrator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your admin needs.
Office Administrator responsibilities include:
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Supervising administrative staff and dividing responsibilities to ensure performance
- Keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software (ERP etc.)
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does an Office Administrator do?
An Office Administrator is in charge of all things administrative and is responsible for the overall operations of their office.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Office Administrator?
An Office Administrator is primarily responsible for keeping meetings on track with communication between participants, so no one feels left out. They welcome visitors and make sure everyone knows where things are. They may also answer phones and emails for the company.
What makes a good Office Administrator?
The Office Administrator is the person in charge of ensuring that all employees follow protocol, getting their work done on time and within budget. They set an example for others by doing what needs to be done themselves while delegating where it makes sense--they want everyone else working together as well.
Who does an Office Administrator work with?
Office Administrators provide support to clients and employees in the office and typically work with Office Managers to ensure the office operations work efficiently. They're responsible for ensuring every employee has what they need to do their job.
Hiring Office Administrator job description
Post this Office Administrator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.