This Chief Administrative Officer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Similar job titles include Chief Operating Officer – COO.
Chief Administrative Officer Responsibilities
- Providing input for business and strategic planning
- Setting goals for departments and individual managers
- Collaborating with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
We are looking for an experienced Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to manage daily administrative operations. You will be a part of the top executive team reporting directly to the CEO and your work will be a critical factor in our overall performance.
If you know how to keep things in order and add a strategic vision to everyday activities, we want to meet you. If you’re also highly efficient and a natural leader, then you’re our ideal candidate.
The goal is to ensure the smooth running of business according to established policies and vision.
- Provide input in business and strategic planning
- Set goals for departments and individual managers
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Organize and coordinate inter- and intradepartmental operations
- Oversee resource allocation and budgeting
- Provide guidance to subordinate staff and evaluate performance
- Resolve issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting to senior management or regulatory agencies
- Assist in other tasks (e.g. fundraising) as assigned
- Proven experience as an administrative officer
- Experience in operations management
- Solid understanding of business functions (HR, finance etc.)
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (e.g. SEC)
- Proficient in MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is a definite plus