This Chief Administrative Officer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Chief Administrative Officer Responsibilities
- Providing input for business and strategic planning
- Setting goals for departments and individual managers
- Collaborating with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
We are looking for an experienced Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to manage daily administrative operations. You will be a part of the top executive team reporting directly to the CEO and your work will be a critical factor in our overall performance.
If you know how to keep things in order and add a strategic vision to everyday activities, we want to meet you. If you’re also highly efficient and a natural leader, then you’re our ideal candidate.
The goal is to ensure the smooth running of business according to established policies and vision.
- Provide input in business and strategic planning
- Set goals for departments and individual managers
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Organize and coordinate inter- and intradepartmental operations
- Oversee resource allocation and budgeting
- Provide guidance to subordinate staff and evaluate performance
- Resolve issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting to senior management or regulatory agencies
- Assist in other tasks (e.g. fundraising) as assigned
- Proven experience as an administrative officer
- Experience in operations management
- Solid understanding of business functions (HR, finance etc.)
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (e.g. SEC)
- Proficient in MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is a definite plus