Accounts Receivable Manager job description
This Accounts Receivable Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards and careers pages. Add specific duties and responsibilities to attract the most qualified candidates for your company.
Accounts Receivable Manager responsibilities include:
- Setting objectives for the account receivable team that align with the accounting department’s goals
- Monitoring processing of invoices
- Ensuring timely collection of payments
We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to oversee the entire process of collecting payments from our company’s customers.
The main responsibilities for this role include managing invoices, handling missed payments and supervising Accounts Receivable Clerks. Our ideal candidate is familiar with all accounting procedures and can manage daily financial transactions end-to-end. If you have previous experience managing a financial team, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure accuracy and efficiency throughout our entire accounts receivable process.
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with the accounting department’s goals
- Monitor processing of invoices
- Ensure timely collection of payments
- Conduct credit checks
- Negotiate with clients in non-payment cases
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc forecasting reports
- Organize records of invoices, bills and deposits
- Ensure high-quality invoicing and collection procedures that comply with the law
- Support Accounts Receivable Clerks on a daily basis and train new team members
- Ensure all team members follow the accounting principles
- Stay updated on industry and legislative changes
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Receivable Manager or Supervisor
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Familiarity with advanced formulas in MS Excel
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
- Ability to accurately process numerical data
- Team management and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- BSc degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification is a plus
Hiring Accounts Receivable Manager job description
Post this Accounts Receivable Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.