This Client Relations Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Client Relations Manager Responsibilities
- Building long-term relationships with key clients.
- Addressing customer concerns and complaints.
- Creating sales plans to generate revenue.
We are looking for a Client Relations Manager to create and nurture long-term relationships with customers. You will resolve any issues that arise to ensure customers are satisfied with our services.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to grasp customer needs and brainstorm ways to fulfill them. If you also have a background in customer service and knowledge of our industry, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to help us safeguard our revenue and retain our customers.
- Build relationships with key employees among customers
- Create plans to address clients’ business needs
- Advise clients on creating profitable processes
- Schedule regular meetings with customers to ensure they are satisfied
- Act as point of contact for complaints and escalate issues as appropriate
- Help sales team up-sell or cross-sell services and products
- Ensure both the company and clients adhere to contract terms
- Study competition to find new ways to retain customers
- Set sales and revenue targets and work diligently to meet them
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. sales, engineers, senior management) to address customers’ needs
- Proven experience as a Client Relations Manager or Relationship Manager
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Background in customer service; industry knowledge is a plus
- Experience tracking relevant KPIs (e.g. customer satisfaction)
- Proficient in MS Office, with working knowledge of CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce)
- A customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work well with a team
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field