Engagement Manager Interview Questions
Engagement Managers foster profitable, long-term relationships between a company and its clients. They act as the point of contact during projects and partnerships and aim to increase customer engagement.
Future hires will represent your company to key clients and will be in charge of negotiations. Choose professionals with strong communication skills, who are able to maintain pleasant conversations during your interview. They should approach their jobs with the customer in mind and always look to upsell and cross-sell your products.
Candidates for this role usually hold a Business Administration or Marketing degree. Ideally, they will also have experience in sales positions, achieving quotas and addressing clients’ needs. Candidates who are familiar with CRM software and sales KPIs will stand out.
Operational and Situational questions
- We’re about to lose a large client who’s complaining about our customer service. How would you approach them to try and change their mind?
- A small but long-term client requests a significant discount in their contract. Why would or wouldn’t you negotiate the deal with them?
- A customer is willing to pay double upfront if you implement specific product features. Your revenues will increase significantly, but during the implementation, your engineers won’t be available to the rest of your clients. What would you do?
- How would you communicate to clients that their trial period has expired and they need to subscribe to keep receiving our services?
- Describe your step-by-step approach to engaging a new client. What information do you request from the salesperson who closed the deal?
- What CRM software have you used? (e.g. Salesforce)
- What are the most effective engagement techniques you’ve used to manage client relationships?
- This role requires overseeing a client portfolio. On a regular day, how do you prioritize which clients to contact?
- How can you tell when a client wants to end a business relationship?
- What sales and marketing metrics do you track? Why?
- Have you ever participated in company events? How do you network with potential clients?
- What’s the most challenging situation you have faced with a client? How did you handle it?
- Have you ever made a decision that cost you a client? What happened and what did you learn from that experience?
- How do you prefer to contact clients, through email or phone? Why?
- Describe how you juggle deadlines when you’re assigned multiple accounts.