Relationship Manager Interview Questions
Relationship Managers are responsible for increasing customer engagement and maintaining the company’s image. They build and preserve trusting, profitable and long-lasting relationships with customers.
While asking interview questions for relationship managers, test candidates’ communication skills. The most successful among them will be able to keep the discussion flowing by asking questions. They will also present creative ideas, demonstrate problem-solving skills and leave you with an overall positive impression.
Ask sales interview questions to understand how candidates identify and address client needs. For relationship management positions, it’s important to hire people who will work to increase client satisfaction, achieve quotas and maintain the company’s good reputation. An academic background in Business Administration is usually preferred, but previous sales and account management experience is more essential. Ideal candidates will also have experience using CRM software.
Operational and Situational questions
- If you’re contacting a new client for the first time, what information do you need prior to your communication?
- We are launching a new product next month. When would you send a newsletter to our customers to inform them about its features? Would you send the newsletter to all customers or select the ones who are more likely to use the product? Why?
- A small client requests new features in a short time. How would you respond to this request?
- A long-term customer complains to you about product prices and is about to end your business relationship. What measures would you take to retain them?
- A customer is willing to immediately pay double as much if you implement specific product features. You know that these features won’t be helpful for them in the long-term, but your revenues will increase significantly. How would you handle this situation?
- Are you familiar with Salesforce.com? What other CRM software have you used?
- What type of reports do you create to keep track of your work? How often do you report to your manager?
- What are the most effective engagement techniques you’ve used to manage client relationships?
- This role requires contacting multiple clients on a daily basis. How do you prioritize which clients to contact?
- What steps do you take to convert a non-responsive customer? When do you stop trying to convert the customer?
- What are the key things you want to highlight when preparing presentations for clients or managers?
- Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult client. How did you manage to keep the client happy?
- Have you ever made a decision that cost you a client? What happened and what did you learn from that experience?
- What do you value more: high work quality or meeting tight deadlines? Why?
- How do you prefer to contact clients, through email or phone? Why?
- Describe your most challenging sales project so far. What were the problems you faced and how did you overcome them?