Client Relationship Manager interview questions and answers
Use these sample Client Relationship Manager interview questions to assess candidates when hiring for senior-level roles in Marketing or Sales.
Are you a candidate?Crush your interview with our guide
Client Relationship Manager Interview Questions
Client Relationship Managers (or CRM Directors) increase customer engagement through smooth and ongoing communication with clients. They also manage relationships with existing and potential clients using CRM systems throughout the sales pipeline.
Your ideal candidates will have experience in digital marketing campaigns and customer acquisition strategies. When interviewing, ask candidates how they’ve managed to measure and increase customer satisfaction. That way, you’ll be able to identify potential hires with expertise in KPI metrics and analytical systems.
As with all sales-related roles, look for people who have strong communication skills and a customer-oriented attitude. Candidates who follow market trends and are familiar with your industry and competition will stand out.
Operational and Situational questions
- How would you decide if a company needs a CRM system?
- What kinds of emails to our clients would you automate to improve workflows?
- What client relationship initiatives would you suggest to increase conversion rates?
- How would you train the sales team to start using a CRM software?
- If your manager asked you to recommend a CRM solution, how would you research and compare software?
- What CRM software have you used? What features do you find the most useful?
- Which performance metrics do you need to make client relationship management efficient?
- How would you integrate CRM software with social networks?
- Mention two to three ways to ensure that the sales team follows up with all leads in the marketing funnel.
- What marketing metrics do you regularly track? Why?
- What’s the best way to gather customer feedback?
- Describe a successful marketing campaign you worked on. What was your role and what did you learn from that experience?
- Do you have experience communicating with clients offline? How do you build strong relationships in this space?
- Describe a time when you managed to gain a key client’s trust. What techniques did you use to win them over?
- Give an example of a time that your team provided poor customer service and lost a client. What did you learn? What would you have done differently?
- How do you stay up-to-date with marketing trends and new tools?