Use this Catering Manager job description template to hire qualified candidates for your catering business. You can easily customize this template for a Catering Manager position at a hotel, airline, hospital or other industry.
Catering Manager responsibilities include:
- Gathering customer requirements (like number of guests and event dates)
- Planning food and beverage menus considering clients’ preferences and special requests (for example healthy meals for children)
- Determining requirements in ingredients and setting portions
We are looking for a Catering Manager to lead a team of kitchen and wait staff and make sure they deliver excellent customer service.
Catering Manager responsibilities include planning food and beverage menus, scheduling shifts and coordinating food preparation and serving during events. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience in catering or hospitality and solid organizational abilities.
Ultimately, you will ensure that we run efficient catering facilities and help increase our clientele.
- Gather customer requirements (like number of guests and event dates)
- Plan food and beverage menus considering clients’ preferences and special requests (for example healthy meals for children)
- Determine requirements in ingredients and set portions
- Schedule staff shifts
- Train and manage wait staff and kitchen personnel
- Oversee food prep and customer service
- Report on expenses
- Manage stock and place orders as needed
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Arrange food tastings with potential customers
- Work experience as a Catering Manager, Restaurant Manager or similar role
- Understanding of food hygiene
- Hands-on experience with creating menus from scratch
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Customer service attitude
- Ability to remain calm and make quick decisions under stressful circumstances
- Flexibility to work during weekends and holidays
- Certification in hospitality or culinary management is a plus