Use this Catering Manager job description template to hire qualified candidates for your catering business. You can easily customize this template for a Catering Manager position at a hotel, airline, hospital or other industry.
Catering Manager responsibilities include:
- Gathering customer requirements (like number of guests and event dates)
- Planning food and beverage menus considering clients’ preferences and special requests (for example healthy meals for children)
- Determining requirements in ingredients and setting portions
We are looking for a Catering Manager to lead a team of kitchen and wait staff and make sure they deliver excellent customer service.
Catering Manager responsibilities include planning food and beverage menus, scheduling shifts and coordinating food preparation and serving during events. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience in catering or hospitality and solid organizational abilities.
Ultimately, you will ensure that we run efficient catering facilities and help increase our clientele.
- Gather customer requirements (like number of guests and event dates)
- Plan food and beverage menus considering clients’ preferences and special requests (for example healthy meals for children)
- Determine requirements in ingredients and set portions
- Schedule staff shifts
- Train and manage wait staff and kitchen personnel
- Oversee food prep and customer service
- Report on expenses
- Manage stock and place orders as needed
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Arrange food tastings with potential customers
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Catering Manager, Restaurant Manager or similar role
- Understanding of food hygiene
- Hands-on experience with creating menus from scratch
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Customer service attitude
- Ability to remain calm and make quick decisions under stressful circumstances
- Flexibility to work during weekends and holidays
- Certification in hospitality or culinary management is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Catering Manager do?
The Catering Manager is in charge of planning and managing catered events. Their duties include consulting with customers to determine their needs, supervising staff that prepares food during an event, as well as serving it when needed. They will arrange transportation for any equipment used to make sure everything goes smoothly on-site before guests arrive.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Catering Manager?
A Catering Manager is in charge of figuring out what kind and how much food a company needs. They also negotiate prices with suppliers prepare meticulous order forms for each dish that will be served at their event or meeting- all while making sure everything goes smoothly from start to finish. The job can involve hiring staff members who cook up these delicious meals, overseeing venue preparation, including equipment maintenance and managing inventory levels by purchasing when needed.
What makes a good Catering Manager?
A Successful Catering Manager has the ability to wear many hats. They aren't just a chef but also involved in menu design and budget management. They are excellent communicators with staff as well as with customers.
Who does a Catering Manager work with?
The Catering Manager works closely with customers, sales staff, Chefs, and specialized catering equipment providers. Oftentimes an Event Planner will be involved with connecting a Catering Manager with a client.