This Food and Beverage Manager job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages. It is easy to customize the duties and responsibilities for your company, restaurant or hotel. Similar job titles include F&B Purchasing Manager.
What is a Food & Beverage Manager?
A Food and Beverage Manager is a professional who is responsible for managing and overseeing all food and beverage operations in a hospitality establishment. They are in charge of ensuring high-quality service, effective cost management, and guest satisfaction.
What does a Food & Beverage Manager do?
A Food and Beverage Manager’s duties include managing the day-to-day operations, developing menus, purchasing supplies, training and supervising staff, maintaining health and safety standards, and implementing strategies to maximize sales and profitability. They also monitor customer feedback, resolve issues, and strive to continuously improve the overall dining experience for guests.
F&B Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing food and beverage operations within budget and to the highest standards
- Leading F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Food and Beverage Manager to oversee and optimize all aspects of our F&B operations.
As the manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of exceptional guest experiences, while effectively forecasting, planning, and managing F&B orders, staff, and finances.
Your primary objective will be to maximize sales and revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations, fostering employee engagement, and maintaining a strong focus on quality and efficiency.
By implementing innovative strategies and maintaining high standards, you will play a pivotal role in driving the success of our F&B department and enhancing overall guest satisfaction.
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements
- Identify customers needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
- Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures
- Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Report on management regarding sales results and productivity
Requirements and skills
- Proven food and beverage management experience
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Culinary school diploma or degree in food service management or related field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Food and Beverage Manager do?
- A Food and Beverage Manager oversees and manages all food and beverage operations in a hospitality establishment, including staff supervision, menu planning, inventory management, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Food and Beverage Manager?
- The duties of a Food and Beverage Manager include managing daily operations, developing menus, maintaining quality standards, overseeing staff training, monitoring inventory and cost control, ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, and providing excellent customer service.
- What makes a good Food and Beverage Manager?
- A good Food and Beverage Manager possesses strong leadership and communication skills, demonstrates attention to detail, has a solid understanding of food and beverage industry trends, excels in problem-solving, and is customer-oriented.
- Who does a Food and Beverage Manager work with?
- A Food and Beverage Manager works with a diverse range of individuals, including kitchen staff, waitstaff, bartenders, suppliers, event planners, and management team members.
- What skills should a Food and Beverage Manager have?
- A Food and Beverage Manager should have skills in leadership, communication, organization, customer service, menu planning, inventory management, cost control, problem-solving, and knowledge of food and beverage industry regulations and trends.