This Event Planner job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize. Feel free to modify this job description to meet the needs of your company, whether you're hiring for an event planner, coordinator, or manager.
Event Planner responsibilities include:
- Event planning, design and production within time limits
- Working with clients to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction
- Organizing facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
Post this Event Planner job description by signing up for Workable’s 15-day free trial and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Event Planner to produce events from conception through to completion. Event Coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an Events Planner or Organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- BS in Event Management or related field
Frequently asked questions
What does an Event Planner do?
Event Planners do everything from choosing locations to hiring caterers and entertainment to ensure that all moving parts come together perfectly. In addition, they are charged with creating experiences and bringing visions into reality.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Event Planner?
The Event Planner is responsible for coordinating all of the moving parts involved in ensuring events go smoothly, including choosing venues, catering services, and hiring performers. They plan and coordinate all the details before the event and handle day-of logistics.
What makes a good Event Planner?
A good Event Planner is ambitious and optimistic with strong persuasive skills to match their motivational nature. They have excellent leadership, budgeting, multitasking, and negotiating skills.
Who does an Event Planner work with?
Event Planners can work in various industries like weddings or conferences, and they can work independently or for a company. They usually work directly with an Event Coordinator or Hospitality Manager.