This Event Coordinator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include Special Events Coordinator.
Event Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Understanding requirements for each event
- Planning event with attention to financial and time constraints
- Booking venues and schedule speakers
We are looking for an experienced Event coordinator to organize excellent events. You will be responsible for every aspect of an event, from choosing venues to evaluating success afterwards.
An event coordinator must be well-organized and competent in vendor management. Communication skills and attention to detail will set apart the best among the candidates. Add a shot of enthusiasm and passion for the job and you’ll be our ideal candidate.
The goal is to organize unforgettable events that will ensure the entertainment of participants and facilitate the completion of business objectives.
- Understand requirements for each event
- Plan event with attention to financial and time constraints
- Book venues and schedule speakers
- Research vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.) and choose the best combination of quality and cost
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
- Hire personnel
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc.)
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as event coordinator
- A proven track record of organizing successful events
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
- Degree in hospitality management, public relations or relevant field is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Event Coordinator do?
- An Event Coordinator assists the Event Planner in planning and executing an event. They may communicate with vendors, organize delivery dates and manage guests lists.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Event Coordinator?
- The duties and responsibilities of an Event Coordinator include assisting the Event Planner by planning and managing events of varying sizes, from small business promotions to large-scale public gatherings. They ensure that every detail falls into place with their budgets by making sure everything runs smoothly during the whole process. In addition, they establish and maintain relationships with vendors and venues, create invoices and collect payments and use forward-thinking to address potential problems at the venue should they arise.
- What makes a good Event Coordinator?
- A good Event Coordinator should have a specific set of skills to succeed. Flexibility is essential for the industry. Organization, creative problem solving and attention to detail are important for every event. Concerning people skills, being an excellent listener and having the ability to network is helpful.
- Who does an Event Coordinator work with?
- An Event Coordinator can work directly with an Event Planner or Event Designer. In addition, they may sometimes report to the CEO or Director of Events. On a day-to-day basis, they may also communicate with vendors, clients, or guests.