Call Center Manager job description
A Call Center Manager is a professional in charge of hiring, training, and managing staff to handle customer service issues. They set, meet, and exceed goals by providing customers excellent service and helping motivate their team to do the same using key metrics.
Call Center Manager responsibilities include:
- Developing objectives for the call center’s day-to-day activities
- Conducting effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology etc.)
- Collecting and analyzing call-center statistics (sales rates, costs, customer service metrics etc.)
We are looking for a skilled Call center manager to supervise daily operations and personnel aiming for maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness. You will also ensure that technology is utilized to a maximum and that staff are well-organized and productive.
An excellent call center manager must be an organized, reliable and results-driven professional. They must have a practical mind to solve problems on the spot partnered with an ability to see the “big picture” and make improvements. As a call center manager, you must also have excellent customer service and communication skills.
The goal is to do everything possible to attain goals and achieve great results for our company.
- Develop objectives for the call center’s day-to-day activities
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology etc.)
- Collect and analyze call-center statistics (sales rates, costs, customer service metrics etc.)
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and tracking expenses
- Hire, coach and provide training to personnel to maintain high customer service standards
- Monitor and improve ordering, telephone handling and other procedures
- Evaluate performance with key metrics (accuracy, call-waiting time etc.)
- Prepare reports for different departments or upper management
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar position
- Experience in customer service is required
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures
- Experience in basic financial analysis (cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Positive and patient
- High school diploma or equivalent; Higher degree in a relevant discipline will be appreciated
- Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Call Center Manager do?
A Call Center Manager makes sure that the teams they manage meet company-wide goals in providing sufficient customer support by hiring, training, and motivating staff members.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Call Center Manager?
Call Center Managers will have a variety of duties, but they typically develop objectives that reflect the needs of their customers in order to motivate their team to meet and exceed an organization’s goals. They do this through conducting effective resource planning and analyzing key metrics of success.
What makes a good Call Center Manager?
A good Call Center Manager must have excellent communication skills in order to work with clients, train and encourage the team they manage, and effectively convey the organization’s goals to their staff members.
Who does a Call Center Manager work with?
Typically, a Call Center Manager works with a team of Call Center Representatives in order to provide excellent client care within an organization.
Hiring Call Center Manager job description
Post this Call Center Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.