This Call Center Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Call Center Manager Responsibilities
- Developing objectives for the call center’s day-to-day activities
- Conducting effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology etc.)
- Collecting and analyzing call-center statistics (sales rates, costs, customer service metrics etc.)
We are looking for a skilled Call center manager to supervise daily operations and personnel aiming for maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness. You will also ensure that technology is utilized to a maximum and that staff are well-organized and productive.
An excellent call center manager must be an organized, reliable and results-driven professional. They must have a practical mind to solve problems on the spot partnered with an ability to see the “big picture” and make improvements. As a call center manager, you must also have excellent customer service and communication skills.
The goal is to do everything possible to attain goals and achieve great results for our company.
- Develop objectives for the call center’s day-to-day activities
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology etc.)
- Collect and analyze call-center statistics (sales rates, costs, customer service metrics etc.)
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and tracking expenses
- Hire, coach and provide training to personnel to maintain high customer service standards
- Monitor and improve ordering, telephone handling and other procedures
- Evaluate performance with key metrics (accuracy, call-waiting time etc.)
- Prepare reports for different departments or upper management
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar position
- Experience in customer service is required
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures
- Experience in basic financial analysis (cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Positive and patient
- High school diploma or equivalent; Higher degree in a relevant discipline will be appreciated
- Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification is a plus