Call Center Manager Interview Questions
The Call Center Manager is responsible for hiring, training, monitoring, and motivating call center agents. The person you want to hire will have excellent interpersonal skills and a solid grasp of your customers and product. They will be persistent, resourceful, detail-oriented, and metrics-driven. They will have proven call center experience and may even have been a call center agent themselves.
Encourage your candidates to speak at length about their relevant call center experience with these open-ended and situational interview questions. Your goal will be to distinguish hands-on experience from merely theoretical experience. For best results, tailor the questions to the exact working environment. For example, if your call center does mostly outbound calls instead of inbound calls, you may want to add some questions about that.
Great candidates will have will have tried-and-true techniques for recruiting candidates (in call centers, the hiring cycle is constant), designing training programs, and motivating members of their team. Similar to hiring for sales positions, the very best candidates for this position will work for you because they believe in the solution that you provide.
Operational and Situational questions
- How many people have you managed in the past?
- Describe your relevant call center experience.
- How would you familiarize yourself with our customers and product during your first week on the job?
- What interests you about being a call center manager for our organization?
- Describe your familiarity with call center equipment.
- What recruiting strategies worked well your previous company? What didn’t work so well?
- What do you typically include in new employee training?
- What would you do if your team was falling behind on performance standards? How would you fix it?
- How do you know how well your team is doing? What metrics do you look at?
- How would you get a team to collaborate on a new project in the face of tight deadlines?
- How would you resolve a dispute between two colleagues?
- Describe a time a difficult customer call was escalated to your attention. How did you handle it?
- Describe your approach to disciplining employees.
- How do you motivate your team to meet their goals?