This customer service manager interview profile brings together a snapshot of what to look for in candidates with a balanced sample of suitable interview questions.
Customer Service Manager Interview Questions
Your Customer Service Manager should set a high bar for your entire support team. This person must be an experienced customer service professional, who has shown evidence of their work ethic and initiative. Ideally, this is someone who has made a positive impact on the the team structure and support process at their previous position. They may have created useful support documents and reports that they can discuss at this interview. They may also be an existing member of your team who has grown significantly in their responsibilities and is primed for a promotion.
Your goal for this interview is to gauge how knowledgeably your candidates speak about their customers, their product, and their customer service support process. You’ll want your candidates to be able to ask smart, spontaneous questions about your company, product, and existing support team. Great candidates will also have suggestions for improving customer support at your company. Last but not least, your future Customer Service Manager must be able to provide concrete examples of how they have coached and incentivized a customer support team.
Operational and Situational questions
- Describe a feature that was often requested by customers at your previous position.
- The product team asks for your opinion on the next feature to implement. What would you recommend?
- List some upcoming features on the product roadmap and discuss their relevance and value to your customers.
- How do you stay current on the industry of your customers?
- Describe a situation wherein you helped to exceed customer expectations.
- How have you gathering feedback from customers? How have you turned this feedback into actionable insights?
- Tell us about a time you had to give a team member candid feedback on their work.
- What is the most challenging aspect of working in customer service?
- Describe your approach to training a customer service representative.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial