This Customer Service Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages. It's easy to customize with key duties and responsibilities for your company.
Customer Service Manager responsibilities include:
- Improving customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Taking ownership of customers issues and following problems through to resolution
- Setting a clear mission and deploying strategies focused towards that mission
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Manager to provide excellent customer service and to promote this idea throughout the organisation. The goal is to keep the department running in an efficient and profitable manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet their expectations.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Analyse statistics and compile accurate reports
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Control resources and utilise assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Customer Service Manager, Retail Manager or Assistant Manager
- Experience in providing customer service support
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service orientation
- BS degree in Business Administration or related field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Customer Service Manager do?
Customer Service Managers listen to the needs and desires of customers and lead a team of Customer Service Representatives. With an eye for satisfaction, they ensure that each customer has been given all possible attention needed for positive results through effective methods such as developing new techniques or improving processes in their systems.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Customer Service Manager?
Customer Service Managers are responsible for overseeing teams of Customer Service Representatives. Their primary duties include answering questions from clients and resolving problems, setting goals to meet the needs of each team member as well as monitoring the progress of customer cases in their company’s tracking system.
What makes a good Customer Service Manager?
A good Customer Service Manager must have excellent communication and technical abilities, as well as people skills. They should also be able to lead others in the workplace with empathy for their needs while maintaining a positive attitude that is willing to serve customers at all times.
Who does a Customer Service Manager work with?
A Customer Service Manager will work with a team of Customer Service Representatives and oversee their customer service operations. They will also work with managers in other departments to address customer complaints or concerns as needed.