Call Center Representative job description
A Call Center Representative takes inbound and makes outbound calls with customers. Their duties include responding to questions and concerns about products or services their company offers.
This Call Center Representative job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include Contact Representative.
Call Center Representative responsibilities include:
- Managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Following call center “scripts” when handling different topics
- Identifying customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and providing solutions
We are looking for a Call Center Representative that will be the liaison between our company and its current and potential customers. The successful candidate will be able to accept ownership for effectively solving customer issues, complaints and inquiries; keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior.
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Seize opportunities to upsell products when they arise
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile
- Keep records of all conversations in our call center database in a comprehensible way
- Frequently attend educational seminars to improve knowledge and performance level
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience in a customer support role
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- High school degree
Frequently asked questions
What does a Call Center Representative do?
A Call Center Representative or Agent helps customers with their questions and addresses issues regarding products or services. They are responsible for providing support from start to finish to resolve customer inquiries or concerns.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Call Center Representative?
A Call Center Representative is in charge of answering customer calls, listening to their concerns and solving problems. They handle both inbound and outbound phone conversations with clients to make sure everyone quickly gets the help they need.
What makes a good Call Center Representative?
A successful Call Center Representative must have an excellent attitude towards their work and empathy for their customers' needs. They should also have excellent listening and problem-solving skills to provide the information or solutions their customers need.
Who does a Call Center Representative work with?
Call Center Representatives work directly with customers on various issues and questions. In addition, Call Center Representatives also may have to work with Department Managers to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve all problems.
Hiring Call Center Representative job description
Post this Call Center Representative job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.