Billing Clerk Responsibilities
- Managing account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies
- Collecting all information needed to calculate bills receivable
- Checking the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final bill
We are looking for a reliable Billing Clerk to perform tasks that will help us monitor our revenues. You will be responsible for keeping track of money owed to us by customers, preparing invoices and updating records.
As a billing clerk, you must be accurate and reliable in handling accounts and documents. Being good at math and a high degree of organizational ability are essential due to the great amount of financial information. Since you will be using technology to expedite your work, a degree of computer knowledge is required.
The goal is to contribute to the accurate preparation of bills receivable and safeguard the company’s income.
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies
- Collect all information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, discount rates etc.)
- Check the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final bill
- Issue invoices and bills and sent them to customers through various channels (mail, e-mail etc.)
- Issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.) and check for credibility
- Send reminders for payments and contact customers when assigned
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc.
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding bills
- Report on activity to upper management
- Proven experience as billing clerk or general accounting experience
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); Working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Quickbooks) will be appreciated
- Excellent math ability
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma; further education will be a plus