Scheduling interviews is often a daunting task for recruiters. They must find a time that works for everyone involved and keep track of all the email back-and-forth with candidates and hiring teams.
To relieve some of this burden and reduce the time spent on administrative tasks, Workable has a set of features that automate the better part of your interview scheduling process:
- Calendar integrations (Google Calendar and Office 365 Calendar.)
- Built-in customizable interview invitation templates to invite candidates to interviews.
- The Agenda, a recruiting calendar that lets you see your team’s scheduled events at a glance.
Not using Workable yet? Request a demo to learn how you can optimize your interview process and hiring efforts with our all-in-one recruitment software.
How to use Workable’s interview scheduling tools
Workable integrates with popular calendar providers Google and Office 365 Calendar to make the interview scheduling process easier. Through Workable, you can check hiring teams’ availability, book rooms and send invitations to candidates, members of your hiring team and external attendees.
All you need to do is to turn on the calendar integration in your Workable account. Afterwards, you can view and use your calendar directly in Workable. This means you will be able to:
- See your own company calendar and your colleagues’ company calendars inside Workable.
- Select dates and times for interviews (Workable will tell you which members of your hiring team are busy at that time.)
- Check room availability for onsite interviews and book a room.
- Select one of your saved office locations (or add a new one), so Workable can include a map when sending your invitation to candidates.
When you send the invitation, Workable will send an email to your candidate and hiring team and add this interview to their calendars. Workable will also create and send a link to an event page as part of the email. Here’s a sample of what invitees will receive:
After you’ve scheduled your interviews, Workable organizes them in your Agenda, accessible via desktop and mobile.
Along with an easy way to schedule interviews, Workable offers you a way to structure your interview process. You can do this through Workable’s interview scorecards, which help teams gather actionable, measurable feedback during interviews. Everyone in each hiring team can view scorecards so they can add their evaluations and discuss candidate performance. This way, Workable helps you both schedule interviews efficiently and also ensure you assess candidates objectively.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial