This Territory Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include Territory Sales Manager.
What is a Territory Manager?
A Territory Manager is a professional responsible for maintaining customer relationships, meeting sales targets, and ensuring efficient sales operations within a specific geographic area. They devise sales strategies, analyze data, address customer concerns, and identify sales opportunities. A Territory Manager plays a crucial role in driving revenue growth and expanding business within their assigned territory.
What does a Territory Manager do?
A Territory Manager is responsible for developing and executing effective sales and marketing strategies within their designated geographic area. They analyze data to identify the most efficient sales methods, meet with customers to address their needs, present products and services, and participate in industry events to foster customer relationships. A Territory Manager also monitors competition, assesses sales performance, and prepares reports for the Sales Director. Ultimately, their role involves driving sales growth and ensuring customer satisfaction within their territory.
Territory Manager responsibilities include:
- Maintaining customer relationships
- Setting and meeting sales targets to increase revenue
- Finding ways to ensure efficiency of sales operations
We are seeking a Territory Manager to join our team and drive sales revenue growth while nurturing customer relationships within a designated geographical area.
As a Territory Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our organization, utilizing your exceptional organizational and sales skills.
We value effective communication and a deep understanding of customer needs.
If you are motivated by goals and possess strong analytical capabilities, we would love to connect with you.
In this role, your primary objective will be to ensure customer satisfaction while actively seeking opportunities to expand our sales.
Join us as we strive to deliver exceptional service and achieve remarkable sales growth.
- Devise effective territory sales and marketing strategies
- Analyze data to find the most efficient sales methods
- Meet with customers to address concerns and provide solutions
- Discover sales opportunities through consumer research
- Present products and services to prospective customers
- Participate in industry or promotional events (e.g. trade shows) to cultivate customer relationships
- Conduct training in sales techniques and company product attributes
- Assess sales performance according to KPIs
- Monitor competition within assigned region
- Prepare and submit reports to the Sales Director
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Territory Manager
- Proven track record of increasing sales and revenue; field sales experience is preferred
- Ability to develop sales strategies and use performance KPIs
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational and leadership ability
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Business, Marketing or a related field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Territory Manager do?
- A Territory Manager devises sales strategies, analyzes data, meets with customers, identifies sales opportunities, and fosters customer relationships to increase sales and revenue within a specific geographic area.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Territory Manager?
- The duties of a Territory Manager include developing sales strategies, addressing customer concerns, presenting products/services, participating in industry events, assessing sales performance, and preparing reports. They are responsible for maintaining customer relationships, meeting sales targets, and ensuring efficient sales operations within their assigned territory.
- What makes a good Territory Manager?
- A good Territory Manager is goal-driven, analytical, and possesses excellent communication skills. They have a strong understanding of customer needs, develop effective sales strategies, and use key performance indicators (KPIs) to track sales performance. Additionally, they are proactive, adaptable, and able to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Who does a Territory Manager work with?
- A Territory Manager works with customers to address their needs, as well as with the Sales Director to report sales performance and submit reports. They also collaborate with internal teams, such as marketing and customer support, to ensure coordinated efforts in meeting sales targets and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- What skills should a Territory Manager have?
- A Territory Manager should have proven experience in sales and a track record of increasing sales and revenue. They should possess strong analytical and organizational abilities, proficient computer skills (MS Office), and familiarity with salesforce management systems. Excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving, and sales techniques are also essential skills for a Territory Manager.