This Regional Sales Manager job description template will help you attract experienced candidates with sales skills. Feel free to modify this template to meet your company’s specific needs. Similar job titles include Area Sales Manager, District Sales Manager.
Regional Sales Manager responsibilities include:
- Creating regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Supporting Store Managers with day-to-day store operation
- Evaluating store and individual performances
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to expand our customer base and achieve sales quotas for specific districts of our company.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience managing the operation of a store (or number of stores) while taking accountability for reaching targets. You should also be able to remotely supervise a team of salespeople and set profitable goals. Our ideal candidates combine excellent communication skills with a strategic mindset.
Ultimately, you will ensure your area of responsibility meets and exceeds the expectations of our business objectives and contributes to our company’s success in the long run.
- Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Support Store Managers with day-to-day store operation
- Evaluate store and individual performances
- Report on regional sales results
- Forecast quarterly and annual profits
- Identify hiring needs, select and train new salespeople
- Prepare and review the annual budget for the area of responsibility
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions
- Participate in decisions for expansion or acquisition
- Suggest new services/products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction
- Proven work experience as a Regional Sales Manager, Area Manager or similar senior sales role
- Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs)
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Understanding of store operations
- Ability to lead and motivate a high performance sales team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Availability to travel as needed
- BSc degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field