These sample Regional Sales Manager interview questions can help you assess candidates’ sales skills to hire the best fit for your company. Modify these questions to meet your specific job requirements.
Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions
Regional Sales Managers oversee and grow sales in districts or specific regions. They also set sales quotas, expand a company’s customer base and track competitors. These interview questions for sales manager candidates will gauge the skills necessary to excel in this role.
When hiring for this position, as with all sales roles, look for candidates with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ideally, they should have previous experience in a senior sales position and be able to manage all aspects of a sales team (e.g. create sales targets, find new customers, open a new store and launch a new product). Candidates who understand budget planning and revenue forecasts will stand out during the interview process.
Regional Sales Managers (or Area Managers) will need to travel regularly and/or remotely manage their teams. Use the following behavioral and situational questions to identify candidates who are both dynamic and good team leaders
Operational and Situational questions
- How would you train a new sales representative?
- How would you motivate your team if a store they managed underperformed?
- We are launching a new product in a month. Walk me through the sales development process you’d design for this product.
- How would you identify new sales opportunities?
- What’s your experience in forecasting sales? Name any tools and software you use.
- What data would you need to prepare quarterly and annual performance reports for a store?
- When is the best time to start preparing an annual budget? Why? What tools and data would you use and who would you collaborate with?
- This role requires frequent travel. Are you willing to travel for work? What is your flexibility?
- Describe a time when your team didn’t achieve sales quota. What did you learn? What did you do to ensure they reach their next goals?
- Do you have previous experience presenting sales results? If so, what was it? How comfortable are you with public speaking?
- How do you handle conflicts on your team?
- Describe your most successful sales project so far. What was your role in that project?
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial