This Sales Representative job description template covers the key qualifications, duties and responsibilities of a sales rep and it’s easy to customize. When hiring salespeople for your company, modify this sample job description for your inside or outside sales needs, or add details for retail, medical or other types of sales. Similar titles include Account Representative.
Sales Representative Responsibilities
- Presenting, promoting and selling products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Performing cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establishing, developing and maintaining positive business and customer relationships
Hiring a Sales representative? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We’re looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS/BA degree or equivalent