Use this Territory Sales Representative job description template to hire qualified salespeople for a specific region, district or branch. Edit job duties and requirements based on your needs and then post to job boards and careers pages.
Territory Sales Representative responsibilities include:
- Acting as a point of contact for existing and potential customers within assigned territory
- Identifying local business opportunities and challenges
- Reporting on regional sales results (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually)
We are looking for a Territory Sales Representative to help us increase sales and address customer needs within a specific region.
Territory Sales Representative responsibilities include presenting our products and services to potential clients, identifying specific consumer characteristics and recommending ways to promote and sell our products. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent communication abilities and be highly motivated to meet sales goals.
Ultimately, you will help us grow our customer base and establish our reputation in your assigned region.
- Act as a point of contact for existing and potential customers within assigned territory
- Identify local business opportunities and challenges
- Report on regional sales results (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Present our products and services to prospective customers
- Identify customer needs and recommend product solutions
- Work closely with salespeople and other internal teams to meet individual and group sales quotas
- Answer customer questions about features, pricing and additional services
- Cross-sell products, when appropriate
- Collaborate with sales representatives from different territories to share best practices and support a cohesive sales approach
- Work experience as a Sales Representative
- Familiarity with our industry is a plus
- Experience with CRM software
- Excellent communication skills
- Resilient with a proven track record in sales
- BSc in Marketing or Business Administration or a Diploma in Sales techniques is a plus