This Field Sales (Outside Sales) Representative job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Field Sales Representative responsibilities include:
- “Getting the sale” using various customer sales methods
- Forecasting sales, developing “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluating their effectiveness
- Evaluating customers skills, needs and building productive long lasting relationships
We are looking for a competitive Field Sales Representative to develop sales strategies and attract new clients. The successful salesperson will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve quotas. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products and services. As an outside Sales Representative, or Sales Agent, they will also research sales competition.
- “Get the sale” using various customer sales methods (door-to-door, cold calling, presentations etc)
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Evaluate customers skills, needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
- Attend meeting, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Report and provide feedback to management using financial statistical data
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
Requirements and skills
- Proven sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Computer use competency
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and driven
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Outside Sales Representative do?
- Outside Sales Representatives are tasked with closing significant transactions by meeting face to face with potential or existing customers in their assigned territory. They maintain connections between a variety of customers to make sales consistently.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Outside Sales Representative?
- The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for providing hands-on explanations of new or updated products. This means they chat face to face with potential customers, showing off their product knowledge to make an impression on them. Through this, they make efforts to buy what they're selling.
- What makes a Good Outside Sales Representative?
- Outside Sales Representatives should be focused on solving those problems for their clients. To be successful, they need a deep knowledge of each company that comes into contact with theirs. They need to ask appropriate questions until they've told every detail worth knowing.
- Who does an Outside Sales Representative work with?
- Outside Sales Representatives often collaborate with Inside Sales Representatives. They work together to provide clients with excellent and convincing sales pitches, guaranteeing their purchase. They often communicate with the same client, one residing in the office and the other going out of their way to visit them personally.