This Inside Sales Representative job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize. This posting can be adjusted as an internal sales, sales representative or inside sales job description. Similar job titles also include In-house Telesales Professional.
Inside Sales Representative responsibilities include:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
We are looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment.
What does an Inside Sales Representative do?
An inside sales rep will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
Requirements and skills
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Inside Sales Representative do?
- Inside Sales Representatives have a crucial role in the success of their company. They are responsible for understanding customers' needs and making effective pitches to get new business from them, whether it's an individual or organization that requires products/services sold on behalf of his corporate parents.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Inside Sales Representative?
- An Inside Sales Representative will have a variety of duties. Still, they typically focus on sourcing new sales through inbound leads, working directly with potential customers to understand their needs, and closing sales throughout the year.
- What makes a good Inside Sales Representative?
- A good Inside Sales Representative must have excellent communication skills since they work directly with customers throughout the sales process. They also need to be very organized since they will handle several accounts simultaneously.
- Who does an Inside Sales Representative work with?
- An Inside Sales Representative will work with a sales team to close deals, and they are typically supervised by a Sales Manager who sets goals and ensures they are following the company’s approved sales process.