Sales Manager responsibilities include:
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Managing recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
Hiring a Sales manager? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales plans and justifying those to plans to the upper management.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
Requirements and skills
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
Frequently asked questions
What does a Sales Manager do?
The responsibilities of a Sales Manager include hiring, training, and providing professional development for their teams and setting weekly, monthly, or quarterly goals based on the team's performance to date. They also generate reports tracking how well each individual achieves these seasonal targets. These managers must evaluate all aspects that generate new business while maintaining client relationships.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Sales Manager?
The responsibilities of a Sales Manager include establishing monthly and annual quotas for the team and implementing marketing strategies to analyze trends that cover all aspects from revenue projections to expense controls. The managers ensure targets are delivered through performance reviews with rewards given out by focusing on individuals' success rather than just collective successes as seen within other companies.
What makes a good Sales Manager?
A successful Sales Manager is analytical, communicates effectively with people on their team and outside of it as well. They must also have good interpersonal skills for working together towards common goals. Lastly, they must be able to plan strategically.
Who does a Sales Manager work with?
A Sales Manager works with their sales team by hiring new people and training them in their field. They also connect with clients and customers. In larger companies, Sales Managers report to the National Sales Manager, who keeps track of all the sales done nationwide.